I don’t really know how to do online map drawing stuff so well, but here’s a photo of Beer Camp the maps. It’s basically Bay Trail as much as possible. This means lots of multi-use paths, including some paved paths and some mellow packed dirt/gravel. A cross or rigid mountain bike would probably be super nice on this ride. Your normal road touring bike would be fine. A loaded 23c road bike will work fine also, just a little more bumpy.
There are some cool looking trails at camp though, so do plan accordingly.
(Click maps for the full-size images)
A beer drinkin’, bike ridin’, Bay campin’ hootenany along the San Francisco Bay Trail
SF Beer Week is upon us! What better way to celebrate than by riding bikes to some of the fine breweries/pubs that will be pouring fancy brews throughout the East Bay?
-12:00pm meet up and start drinking beer at Albany Taproom
-30-40 mile, self-supported (i.e. you are responsible for bringing your own overnight gear, including eating & drinking utensils) casual ride along the SF Bay on paved roads and mellow dirt/gravel
-More stops along the way at The Good Hop, Ale Industries, and Cleophus Quealy
-Finish around 10pm at Coyote Hills for a campout, late chili dinner, and more beer
Two ticket options:
$25 Basic Ride & Campout Ticket:
- Ride with us and buy your own beers at each location
- Camping spot
- Late chili dinner with more beer
$45 Beer Bonus Ticket includes the camping & dinner noted above, plus the following SF Beer Week specials:
- A flight of four IPAs at Albany Taproom (including single, double, and triple IPAs)
- A flight of four beers at The Good Hop
- A beer at the Ale Industries Jingletown Jazz Room
- A pour of their just released mixed fermentation baltic porter aged in French oak barrels, plus a token good for a 4oz pour and brewery tour
- Gratuity for our gracious bartenders is included
WHAT TO BRING
Basic overnight gear
Tent (or not)
Change of clothes
Eating utensils (bowl, mug, spork)
Basic bike repair tools (and a knowledge of how to use them)
A decent map of the East Bay (or just look at the maps I posted a day or two ago)
A good bike light
Your party attitude
Check the Facebook event for the latest info.